Thursday, July 23, 2009

I rather work this summer...

It's already August and I pissed! Nothing against this month or the weather, but because I could have spent this month working abroad in England or Ireland, instead I'm sitting at home doing nothing, absolutely nothing while everybody is either leaving for vacations or is about to.
I thought that following my clients/students direction would end up having everything planned and set for some free time or this nice opportunity to go abroad for at least two weeks, but instead it turned out a complete disaster.
I waited until the last moment to decide which days to take off from work so I would work with my grup of students 'till the very last day of July so everybosy would be happy to leave for summer vacations, instead it happens that their holidays are scattered from half July through mid September. Great, fucking great!
This prompted me to wait for their decision because I was over zealous about the whole situation and I missed the opportunity to work for those two weeks abroad, leaving me with the whole month of August with that extra income that I needed, especially in these shitty times of crisis where money is never enough.

Anyway, after this load off my shoulder I have to face friends to decide where to go spend the holidays since I do not want to spend anymore time at home and I desperately need some time at the beach, any beach with sun and salt over my skin and eventually a decent tan.
At the very last it's me and my best friend Nikky who are leaving for the island of Ios in Greece (south east of the mainland).
After struggling with his indecisions over destinations, days, personal problems and preferences, I manage to reserve the very last two spots on the flight, two weeks of sea and fun. I hope.

No comments: